Plush Tents is the family holiday destination that is the perfect antidote to modern life. We offer you the opportunity to switch off, chill out and really appreciate some time together. Our uniquely beautiful Yurt Village is designed to appeal to both experienced glampers and those who have never experienced sleeping under canvas before. Our aim is for you to leave our site feeling wholeheartedly relaxed and inspired by off grid living. We feel that happiness can be found in the simple things in life: love, good company, great food and a peaceful environment. Give yourself time to reconnect with each other, make memories and remember that nobody sits around in old age wishing they spent less quality time with the people that they care about.
Your family is our priority
As a family business we have designed every aspect of our site with you and your children in mind. We endeavour to allow you to relax whilst your little ones run free, swing in the hammocks, create mud pies in our outdoor play area and make new friends in front of an evening movie.
- Warm, comfortable yurts perfect for glamping newbies and regulars alike.
- Hot showers, nice toilets, Egyptian cotton linen and fluffy pillows .
- Personal hammock, bbq, gas stove, all crockery, tea & coffee.
- A safe, fun environment for children to run free and enjoy our outdoor play areas.
- Wood fired hot tub, communal kitchen, fire pit, z line of hammocks, ample parking, large heated social yurt.
- Wood burning stove in your yurt lit and stoked by our friendly staff.
- Help with baggage and instructions on how to use all our facilities.
- Plenty of fun local activities for children and adults alike.
Plush Tents is an award winning, sustainable yurt village nestled in the picturesque South Downs. We offer glamping and exclusive hire for events in our magical woodland oasis. Our aim is to provide a break from the hustle and bustle of modern life and allow each of our visitors to truly relax and unwind. Lovingly built each spring, our village is more than just a pretty tent in a field. Each hand crafted Mongolian Yurt is nestled within landscaped woodland, designed for both tranquility and serenity as well as a sense of community. Our communal areas such as our endlessly versatile home yurt are a hub for a multitude of activities and often house cinema nights, yoga classes, children’s workshops and family get togethers. Our heated shower block, wood fired hot tub and private hammocks for each yurt add a touch of luxury and comfort to an outdoor experience making Plush Tents perfect for the whole family.
Our peaceful, secluded village will allow you to completely switch off from the modern world if that is your aim. We purposefully have limited wifi through the main site to allow this to happen (It’s available up at the reception if you need it). For those looking to explore the area we are only a short distance from the beautiful sandy beach of West Wittering, Goodwood motor circuit, Fishbourne Roman Palace, Kingley Vale and the historic city of Chichester. Close enough in fact to order a takeaway to be delivered if you can’t be bothered to stoke up the BBQ!
Fully furnished and space for everyone.
Each yurt is totally unique and designed for your comfort. They are furnished with vintage furniture, hand carved beds and feature antique or salvaged wood burners. There is 1 double bed and up to 3 single memory foam floor beds for children. Cots can be provided free of charge (please note that these do not come with linen).
Comfortable, luxury linen
All of our linen is luxurious Egyptian cotton, our towels are fluffy and we choose our pillows and mattresses for maximum comfort.
Your wood burning stove comes with a nights supply of wood. Our friendly staff will light it each evening for you and can show you how to keep it burning if you are new to the fire starting game.
Light and sound
Create your own ambiance with our led colour changing mood lighting, plug in your iPod to the sound system and relax in your own chill-out zone powered by rechargeable batteries.
Cooking and Catering
Each yurt has its own coal barbecue, gas stove, picnic table and a hamper full of all the cups, plates and crockery you will need. There are supplies of tea and coffee too for throughout your stay. Our communal treehouse kitchen features 2 x gas burning stoves and ovens, a catering sink and an ice box refrigerator for keeping your drinks cold.
Breakfast hampers and catering
For a decedent, locally reared breakfast order one of our delicious hampers created by Field & Fork directly to your Yurt for you to cook yourselves. If that sounds like too much effort ask our staff for the range of take away options available for delivery. Our on site catering wagon is open each day serving tea, coffee and light refreshments.
Our whole site is yours to explore, from home yurt with its sumptuous chesterfield sofas, cinema projector, sound system and roaring fire, to the wood fired hot tub, z line of hammocks and natural play area. We encourage you to join us round the communal evening bonfire to toast a marshmallow and watch the sun go down.
Toilets and Showers
Our heated, cosy shower and toilet block contains 4 reliably hot, gas-powered showers (2 for men and 2 for women). There are two types of toilets on the campsite: flushing toilets (3 Ladies, 2 mens & 2 urinals) and composting toilets (1 ladies, 1 mens) which are an experience which must be tried to feel truly at one with nature. Speak to our staff for instructions of how to use them.
There is plentiful parking on site. We close the gate at night and don’t accept cars after 11pm to keep the site quiet and safe. Parking is on grass so appropriate footwear is advisable. Chichester train station is 4 miles away and there are numerous taxi hires that can bring your guests to and from the site.
We are an Eco friendly site and endeavour to reduce waste and limit our use of toxic products wherever possible. We would love to encourage you to join us in our quest by limiting the amount of waste you bring to the site, using recycling points where possible and being aware of the impact of things like plastic, cigarette butts and chemicals. Feel free to chat to us about alternatives that we recommend and have a look at our blog post on reducing plastic waste:
We provide each guest with access to fresh drinking water throughout your stay. We hope that you will join us in attempting to reduce our carbon footprint by avoiding plastic bottles of water where possible.
What we do
- You and your family will be greeted on arrival by our friendly staff who will show you around the site and advise you on how to use the facilities .
- Transport any heavy luggage and supplies from your vehicle via quad bike.
- Stoke the communal fire and hot tub.
- Light the burner in your yurt each evening and advise you on how to keep it nice and hot.
- Make recommendations of local activities to suit you and your families.
- Serve tea, coffee and light snacks from our onside catering facility.
- Just ask! We are always pleased to help.
What to Bring
- Warm clothing (It can get cold after dark)
- Sensible shoes (We have wood chip paths but you might like to explore the countryside)
- Food for the BBQ/ to cook (There are some great farm shops in the area to stock up on supplies)
- Any alcoholic/soft drinks you would like (please try to keep plastic to a minimum)
- Swimming costume and beach towel (Only for the hot tub as we provide ones for the showers)
- A good book (For hammock lounging)
- Suncream (It comes out more than you think when you spend all your time outside)
- An umbrella (It is England after all)
- A big smile and a great attitude ( We know you will leave with one if you can’t quite muster one when you arrive).
Our local recommendations
Hair & Makeup
Midweek glamping is something that many people wouldn’t consider. We base our lives around work or school in the week and fun at the weekend. Weekends are often busy, with attractions more expensive and crowded.Plus there are only 2 days to fit everything in! Speaking from experience we know that a glamping break mid week
Glamping equipment a top 10 packing list Glamping equipment. The options are endless. For those of you who are seasoned campers, you may well have a whole cupboard full of gear that you have accumulated over the years. Pots and pans, foldable chairs, clever little 3 in 1 gadgets. It can add up when you
Glamping with dogs allows the whole family to have a holiday together. Glamping with dogs is the perfect way to take a family holiday without leaving your furry friend behind. For those of us who are dog lovers, the thought of leaving such a valuable member of the family at home or in kennels is